Most of us knew him only as that strong bass voice that filled our homes every morning after our parents roused us from sleep.
Why does it always take a good crisis to make us understand our folly and reset our priorities?
Four years ago, Republicans claimed every statewide office in Georgia.
Generations of Chattanoogans knew him only as Luther, and that in itself was a sign of respect.
Deadspin, a left-wing sports website run by Gawker Media, thought it was offering a big scoop with its recent news that Republican Colorado U.S. Senate candidate Cory Gardner lied when he said he played high school football.
Democrats in Georgia are banking on the past this November.
Members of our city's Concerned Citizens for Justice have just returned again from Ferguson, Mo.
What do you get when a government entity created to address public health and responses to communicable illness operates outside its mission and purpose with its key leaders more characteristic of an Ivy League professors' lounge than a highly responsive team of clinical medical professionals equipped with more than theory and unproven policy?
WASHINGTON — So unpopular is President Obama these days that the (D) following Democratic candidates' names might stand for Denial.
Judy Walton is a tough reporter. Her watchdog reporting often angers those she's reporting on.
Why all of the panic over Ebola? Why not panic over the flu? Flu kills an average of 36,000 people every year. Get a flu shot.
Looks like the Democrats' plan to spend our way out of debt is not working so well. Imagine that!>
Americans love a fight. That is how this country was built. We like it so much that it scares us. And ISIS wants to pick a fight?
As Navy Day approaches on Oct. 27, let us take the time to dwell on the sacrifices that all our military make for our safety and freedom.
President Obama said, "I am not on the ballot ... but these policies (his) are."
I have lived in eight wonderful states in our great country but have never felt the gratitude I feel for my good neighbors surrounding me. I was disabled at age 85.
• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: email@example.com
To Submit a Letters to the Editor
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org